We knew that we had created an effective app for the property management industry, but we weren’t expecting the owners of rental units to be this ecstatic about doing maintenance and upgrades to their vacation properties. The results were amazing! We surveyed owner’s in a 50 unit complex in Maui, Hawaii after they received their unit evaluations reports powered by MyMARSi software. The respondents that received their report were categorized by ownership. 26% of the respondents owned 1-3 vacation rental properties. 66% owned one rental. Below is a summary of the findings.
1. Respondents that found the report useful were at 60%. The same number was satisfied with the contents in their unit report.
2. A whopping 7 out of 10 said that the report met their needs either somewhat well, very well or extremely well. Over 46% said very well.
3. In rating quality, 80% felt it was a high-quality report.
4. Many liked the individual room report pages but over 40% rated the Projects Worth Starting page most useful. They also commented that the pictures were helpful and that the report was a step up from previous years.
5. Over 42% rated the value for money of the report as being above average (this group was charged for a 3rd party inspection with report).
6. In features, they would like to see in the future that almost half of the respondents said they would like to see all recent guest reviews about their unit in the report. Having an approved vendor list for every project worth starting was also at the top of their wish list so they know whom to contact and schedule.
7. Many of the respondents said they wanted to be able to approve or move forward with maintenance issues instantly using one-click messaging or communication.
8. On a scale of 1-10 with ten being the highest and one the lowest, the majority of respondents said that they would recommend our report by giving it a score of 7 or above.
9. We were able to prove that one of our upcoming feature improvements of having an online communication platform to use with their rental manager so they can eliminate endless email threads to keep on track of items, projects, and maintenance in their unit was something that property managers really needed and owners asked for.
10. Finally in open comments about what specific problems did you have with the findings in the report one said, “solutions to issues as to next steps once projects are requested” and another replied, “I wanted to know how to get a better score…with a weighting of the upgrades”.
Stay tuned for this upcoming communication platform and easily automated report building. If you would like to see a demo of our dynamic reporting app that delivers precise data on property performance contact us today.